[MacDV] dias and idvd

Gerhard gerhardk at mac.com
Tue Aug 9 04:30:28 PDT 2005

My German is not so good so I looked up dias in the translation
widget and it translates to "slide".  So now I know what you are
trying to scan.  35 mm film as an approximate dimension of 1.4 x .95
inches so applying the calculations you would need to scan at 515 DPI
to achieve a 720 x 480 file.  I have never scanned film but from what
I have heard the maximum resolution of 35 mm is 4000 DPI after that
you start scanning the film grain.  I guess that you will have to
convert the dimensions for use with the PAL format with which I am
not familiar.

Good luck

Gerhard