[MacDV] .dvdproj folders

Dorothy Hennings hennings at verizon.net
Sat Aug 13 12:30:43 PDT 2005

On my boot HD with iMovie and iDVD applications, my Documents folder
has Icons
with a yellow disk on them.
They seem incremental. I.e, a group with the name of the imovie being
made to DVD and then suffixes such as
.dvdproj, dvdproj1, dvdproj2, etc. all with same date but with
increasing size such as 32 KB, 2.7 MB, 2.75 GB.

As I made the iDVD project, dialog boxes would come up and say I
haven't saved changes at which times I then saved again. I thought I
was saving to the external HD which had the iMovie I was making into a
DVD.

1. Why did it create all these instead of updating one?
2. Can these all be trashed? or Do I need to save the largest one back
    to my LaCie External for archiving? My original edited iMovie is
there.
3. Do I assume the last save was the completed DVD before encoding?
4. Can I make a DVD from this in iDVD or Toast?
5. Would this be better than starting the iDVD from scratch from the
iMovie?

Thanks in advance for clearing up this saved icon folder confusion.

George