[MacDV] Audio in port - mic input incompatibility??

Lanny Cotler lcotler at willitsonline.com
Mon Aug 15 18:59:25 PDT 2005

Hello, Colleagues,

My G4 desktop and my neighbor's G5 desktop does NOT have a built-in
mic. Okay. So I need an external mic in. On the back of both machines
is an Audio In Port. But what impedance does it like??!

I bought a $20 Radio Shack multi-media headset. It works fine a
(hush) PC, but doesn't work on either of our Macs? Whazzup with that?

As Freud asked of women, I ask of Apple: "What do you want?"

Do any of you use a headset? I want to use it with iChat, Skype, and
to record a few sound bytes for various projects. Hi-fi in these
cases not needed.

Do I have to buy an adapter? Something like a phono pre-amp? Wha-?

TIA,

Lanny