[MacDV] Reminder: Thursday, August 18th BOSFCPUG Meeting on DVD Studio Pro 4

Daniel Berube dan at noisybrain.com
Tue Aug 16 14:37:01 PDT 2005

Hello,

This is a friendly reminder that the next Boston Final Cut Pro User Group meeting will take place
this Thursday, August 18th, from 6pm to 9:30pm, at the Apple Market Center on 111 Hunington Ave,
5th Floor, Boston. If you are in the area, then please do join us!

Our Thursday meeting will be focused on working with DVD Studio Pro 4. Our presenter for the
evening is Yan Shvalb of VizualFx. Yan has just been profiled for his work with DVD Studio Pro on
the Apple Pro Video website at:
http://www.apple.com/pro/video/shvalb/

Also, we will be handing out copies of David Pogue's "Mac OS X - The Missing Manual, Tiger
Edition" and other selected titles from O'Reilly Books to each registered attendee at the door
(first come, first serve).

WORKING WITH DVD STUDIO PRO 4
Join special guest Yan Schvalb of VizualFX for an in-depth look at DVD authoring with DVD Studio
Pro 4. Yan will take us through the DVDSP workflow and answer questions based on his recently
completed  work on the DVD portion of "THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION: BILLIE HOLIDAY," a  multimedia
collection including two CDs containing 42 of Holiday’s greatest songs plus the DVD. The latter is
loaded with audio, film and TV performances — including three that haven’t been seen since they
first aired in 1956 on the “Stars of Jazz” show — with the likes of Bessie Smith, Louis Armstrong
and the All-Star Jam Band. It also includes a multi-layered timeline with hundreds of images and
interactive features; interviews with friends and colleagues including John Hammond, Roy Eldridge
and Tiny Grimes; a 1956 talk with then “Night Beat” reporter Mike Wallace; and a complete
discography.

Note: This meeting will be videotaped for podcast off the BOSFCPUG QuickTime Streaming Server.

Our meeting is free to the public, with a $5 donation to participate in the Big Dig Raffle. As we
are on a tight schedule, we will begin our meeting promptly at 7pm.

Complete meeting info and registration details are available at:
http://www.bosfcpug.org/beta/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=86&Itemid=87

See you this Thursday, August 18th!

Thanks!

Dan