[MacDV] iDVD Error # -34506/Multiplexing

Billy M anonbilly at dockpoint.net
Wed Aug 31 19:52:15 PDT 2005

Repost with better subject line.

Hello All,

I keep getting an error while using iDVD 5.0.1.  The error # is always
-34506.  It is a multiplexing error.  While checking the web for an
answer I found the following.

> If you are seeing errors that you just can’t make sense of, remember
> that is it a good idea to ‘Repair Permissions’ after upgrades such as
> with iLife. This type of housekeeping can be critical to a reliable
> system following any substantial upgrade.
>
> If you are seeing a ‘34506′ error, know that this is an AppleScript
> error, and perhaps indicates something in your Applescript library is
> outdate/corrupt/missing etc. The command that causes this is usually a
> Finder restart - confirm you have the latest version AppleScript.

I did repair the the permissions with no affect.  Any thoughts?  Also
how do I go about installing/reinstalling the latest AppleScript.  I am
running OS 10.3.9.

As always, thanks for any and all help!
--
Billy M

“To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism, to steal ideas from many
is research.” -- unknown