[MacDV] "The device drained its buffer without burn underrun protection."

Norm Loomer loomern at ripon.edu
Sun Dec 11 06:03:57 PST 2005

I'm trying to use Disk Utility to burn copies of a DVD disk image.
Three times in a row--with two different blank DVDs--the disk has
ejected and I have received the message, "The device drained its buffer
without burn underrun protection." What does that mean, and what can I
do about it?

I have logged out and back in and shut down all other applications. I
am using FujiFilm DVD-R media, up to 8x. I have an eMac with 768 MB of
SRAM. I have done this several times before without problem.

I am on a deadline. Can anybody help?

I read the digest, so a personal reply would be appreciated.

-Norm Loomer