[MacDV] CANOPUS ADVC-300 A/D CONVERTER

JScal00 at aol.com JScal00 at aol.com
Sat Dec 17 05:29:43 PST 2005

Hello All,

Having an older Digital Sony camcorder without a built in converter, I need a
device that I can use to for bi-directional analog - DV conversion. I'm
looking at a CANOPUS ADVC-300. I'd like to know what your feelings are on this
device and would also like to know if I'll be able to use it to export a iMovie
project through it to a VCR? Firewire from G5 to this converter to VCR via an
RCA cable.

One other thing. I noticed while searching for a good price for the CANOPUS
ADVC-300 that one merchant's store front site listed it as CANOPUS ADVC-300 A/D
CONVERTER. EXT. Does anyone know what the significance of the .EXT is?

Joe Scalise