[MacDV] mid-range dv camera

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 20 07:09:25 PST 2005

On Dec 19, 2005, at 7:34 PM, Kenneth McNamara wrote:

> My personal preference is a Sony digital 8 camera.
>
> They ignored the small tape and stuck with their proven
> transports.  I think it was a good decision.

I was very happy with my Digital 8 (TRV 103, I think) for the first
three or four years. But over the last 18 months, it has developed
fatal problems. First, it started turning off "record" after ten
minutes or so for no apparent reason. That's bad when you are
recording an hour of live music and this camcorder is running
unattended and inaccessible. Then it started eating tapes. Still
haven't managed to get the last one out. And I can't see spending any
money to get it fixed. Better to apply those funds to the HDV savings
account <g>

Steve R.