[MacDV] An introduction...

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Tue Feb 1 16:06:42 PST 2005

Hiya,

Just brand new to this list and wanted to know the climate before I
started posting any questions.

What's the daily traffic like on this list?

What is the expert level of the list, ie. do you tolerate newby questions?
 ;-}

We bought ourselves a Panasonic GS400 for Christmas and I have a whole
buncha VHS and 8mm Hi-8 tapes (analogue and digital) that I'll eventually
transfer over to DVD. I've also got a 17" PowerBook G4/1GHz that I use for
capturing, editing and authoring DVD's to. I've bought a 120GB 7200rpm
external Firewire drive to help me manage the various projects I'm working
on. So far I'm only doing my own home video type stuff. Perhaps later when
I have enough confidence and knowledge I'll start doing paid jobs.

The software I use for capture and editing is Final Cut Express 1.0 (and
FCPro sometimes when I have access to it) and for authoring DVD's I use
either iDVD 4 or DVD Studio Pro 2.0. As a graphic designer (now working as
IT for a graphic design studio) quality is imperative to me and I'll be
asking questions on that later.

So that'll do for now.

See you on the list.  8-)

Cojcolds

ps. you guys use [TAN] and [NOISE] indicators in email subjects?