[MacDV] Beginner question

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Fri Feb 4 10:43:52 PST 2005

Hi Ron

You really need to read up about the two programs you have there, they
are both powerful apps to have for a user that does not know what the
VideoTS folder is.
The mpeg2 file that you have is one starting point to make a DVD video
Disc.
That file and its associated audio file will need to be muxed and
transcoded to become a DVD video disc
This, rather simply put, is what DVD Studio Pro is all about.

Rather than give you a long list of instructions on how to, I really
really suggest you pick up the DVDSP manual and have a good read.
For instant gratification one quick and easy thing to do to get your
movie to play on a DVD player is:

Open DVDSP
Drag the mv2 file and the aif file into the asset window in DVDSP
Then drag them into track 1's time line
Set track one as first play
Simulate the DVD to make sure, once you are happy
Then build the DVD and you will get the VideoTS folder and the muxed
meg files in it, made for you by DVDSP

This is not in any way a tutorial and nothing will replace knowing
about these programs and their limits
You have a lot to get to grips with but most of it will fall in place
quickly
Don't give up and ask lots of questions, thats what the list is for.

Alex