[MacDV] BOSFCPUG 4th Anniversary Meeting This Tuesday, 2/15/05

Daniel Berube dan at noisybrain.com
Fri Feb 11 08:27:05 PST 2005

Digital Storytellers,

Please join us for the February meeting of the
BOSFCPUG this Tuesday, February 15th, from 6:30PM to
9:30PM, at the Billy Bordy Theater at Emerson College.
 This meeting marks our Fourth Year Anniversary as a
community of digital storytellers (our first meeting
in Feb. 2002 featured Philip Hodgetts and Tim WIlson)!
On hand for our February meeting will be Charlie
Roberts, Scott Shucher, Todd Prives of GenArts and
J.C. Bouvier and J.P. Oullette of the Woods Hole Film
Festival.

As a highlight of our anniversary celebration, we will
be giving away a copy of Final Cut Pro HD, courtesy of
the Woods Hole Film Festival.

Where: Billy Bordy Theater at Emerson College, 216
Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02116
When:  Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Times: Doors Open at 6 pm; 6:30 pm-9:30 pm
Directions: http://www.bosfcpug.org/directions.html

Please register to attend at:
<http://seminars.apple.com/goToEvent.html?id=31846>
or bring your business card with you and register at
the door!

Complete Meeting details with presenter bios are
available at:
<http://www.bosfcpug.org>

--------------------------------
FEATURED AGENDA:
--------------------------------
6:00 PM: DOORS OPEN / NETWORKING HOUR
Come early and say hello to other members, share ideas
and answers on using Final Cut, and discuss your next
project and what's happening in the community.

------
7:00 PM:  WHOI 75th ANNIVERSARY DOCUMENTARY
J.P. Oullette of the Woods Hole Film Festival DocuShop
will talk about the WHFFD 5- month workshop to produce
a historical documentary for the Woods Hole
Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) to celebrate its 75th
anniversary year.

------
7:15 PM: 14th ANNUAL WOODS HOLE FILM FESTIVAL
J.C. Bouvier, Managing Director of the Woods Hole Film
Festival will answer general life questions and more
specific festival-based ones, in particular, on the
upcoming 14th Annual Woods Hole Film Festival (WHFF).
WHFF has just been listed by Moviemaker Magazine
<http://www.moviemaker.com/issues/57/fb.html> as one
of the top film festivals in the country with a proven
track record and of which caters to the needs of East
Coast filmmakers.

------
7:30 PM: REAL-TIME MATTE TOOLS IN FINAL CUT PRO HD
Do you have a camcorder with a dead pixel that's
showing up in your footage? Using real world footage,
Charles Roberts will show how to use the real-time
matte tools built into Final Cut Pro HD to remove dead
pixels and  other image artifacts in your footage and
will share wire removal techniques for effects
compositing.

------
8:00 PM: 30 MINUTES OF INTERMISSION AND NETWORKING
Light refreshments will be available throughout the
evening. Socialize with your peers and the pick the
brains of industry gurus.

------
8:30 PM: SHOW AND TELL:
ESPN 11th ANNUAL JIMMY V CELEBRITY GOLF CLASSIC
Todd Prives from GenArts and Scott Shucher from
AppleCart Digital Video will be presenting Scott's
recently completed work on ESPN's December 2004 airing
of the 11th Annual Jimmy V Celebrity Golf Classic.
Todd and Scott will discuss how Sapphire Plug-ins were
incorporated into the workflow to achieve the final
look.

------
9:15 PM: Q&A and BIG DIG RAFFLE*
*Featuring a copy of Final Cut Pro HD, courtesy of
Woods Hole Film Festival. Complete raffle list to be
announced prior to meeting.

Don't forget to register to attend at:
<http://seminars.apple.com/goToEvent.html?id=31846>

See you next Tuesday, February 15th!

##

Dan
----
Daniel Berube
Apple Certified Trainer
Founder, Boston Final Cut Pro User Group - BOSFCPUG
noisybrain. Productions, LLC
282 Moody Street, Suite 211
Waltham, MA 02453
http://www.noisybrain.com