[MacDV] Slide show

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Sat Feb 12 13:45:19 PST 2005

This is a .Mac (dot-Mac) account. You put the pictures in your Public
folder, make a photo page and Apple does the rest. For sharing of many
photos, I use pBase though. $23 per year for 200 MB of storage vs $99
per year from Apple. I didn't give up my .Mac account though. There are
plenty of other reasons to keep it.

On pBase, it's much more tedious to set up and it's just photos, no
slide shows or sharing files, movies, newsletters, etc. On dot-Mac you
drag your photos into position; on pBase you change sequence numbers. I
think both prices are fair for what you get. For example, I see that
all three of the earlier GarageBand jam packs are sitting there for us
to download free. I just started going through the new iLife 05
tutorials last night.

Shirley