[MacDV] Quicktime .mov files - cannot transfer to firewire?

KathyMac! MacsAndMusic at MusiciansForProgress.org
Tue Feb 15 13:26:23 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm pretty frustrated with a problem I'm having and I hope someone can
set me free.

I have several .mov files on my hard drive as well as my firewire
drives. These files are about 6gb.
I cannot copy them from one drive to another. Every single time it
stops at the 4gb mark with the error code of -36 and the message "The
finder cannot complete the operation because some data in 'clip.mov'
could not be read or written".

No matter which drive I use. I have swapped 3 firewire drives, changed
cables, used 3 different internal hard drives on my G4. Then the
problem is the same when I take it to the G4 iMac with other firewire
drives.

I simply can NOT move a quicktime file from one drive to another.
I have repaired permissions as well.

Has this happened to anyone else? The clip plays fine. I just need to
move them to different storage alternatives because I have so many that
I am turning into .wmv files so I need to keep moving them around on
different drives and making room.  But I can't move even one!

Any help out there?

KathyMac