[MacDV] keynote2 to FCP

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Fri Feb 18 09:39:50 PST 2005

Hi Aashram

I am guessing that you have the production suite if you are using
motion and FCP
You are capable of "Pan and Scan" (this is the industry term for the
Ken Burns effect) in FCP
I would STRONGLY suggest that you get several hot cups of tea (or Coke
or whatever you prefer)
and sit down with the FCP manuals in front of FCP open on your mac,
choose a project to do and lean.
Nothing beats figuring it out like this:

as far as the pan and scan goes; import the picture into FCP, photoshop
format is the most flexible
but a good quality tiff or pict is OK. Place the picture into you
sequences time line and double click it,
to open it in a new tab and then click the timeline of the graphic to
open it in the viewer window.
Select the motion tab at the top of the window. You want to alter it x
and y coordinates in time to
pan across it, you do this by altering the graphics center, this is the
third set of setting down in the
Basic motion section. When you have it where you want it click the
small diamond to the right of the
center entry box's and you will have created a keyframe in the timeline
to the right of the window
move the time on to the end of when you want the effect to be and
re-center the graphic to its
finish position. Now FCP will pan and scan the graphic from the start
position to the end position you
have created. note that you can also alter any of the other setting
over time as well by using the same
method.

This is a very wordy way of explaining something that is quicker to do
so fear not, to best understand
please immerse yourself in the manuals and use the programs as much as
you can. It is the best way to
learn and understand what to do and why it works.

and

Ask lots of questions here, thats what the list os for

:-)

Alex