[MacDV] batch encoding/software suggestions

Malcolm Hamilton malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca
Fri Feb 18 10:34:41 PST 2005

Alex - -
Thank you for the advice!  I just did what you suggested, and ignored
the Error messages, and Quick-Batch-imported a dozen files at a time.
Fantastic!  I still have to export them as QuickTime movies one at a
time, but that's much less time-consuming than the importing part.
So thank you!
Now just for interest's sake, because you and others on this list
probably know about the more expensive alternatives that I was on the
point of considering (Cleaner, ProCoder, maybe others).
Are there hugely valuable things that these apps do, that justify their
$500 price tag?  If I want to edit (using Avid - apologies to the many
FCP users on this site) DV footage mostly, but also these AVI files
from my dig. still camera, and then export the finished product to DVD,
for Window and Mac, and normal DVD players, am I o.k. without these
special apps?  (I have Sorenson Squeeze 4, but haven't used it yet).
Any (more) advice would be appreciated!
Malcolm

Hi Malcom
Indeed the app is not completely 10.3 compatible, however just click
though the error dialogs, open the quicktime player and set the export
to what you want, drag and drop the files to QuickBatch (I find that
more that 30 at a time can sometimes be a problem) Select the export
directory and hit export. Just cancel all the error dialogs that come
up. It will work. Promise :-)
Alex