[MacDV] Scanning Negatives

Roger Harris roger at rogerdharris.com
Tue Feb 22 20:23:54 PST 2005

One of the people in my class purchased an Epson Perfection 4870 flatbed
scanner, on my advice. We worked with it for a couple of hours the other
night; It is fabulous. It can scan slides and transparencies of many
sizes. It does a very, very good job on transparencies. I think you
would have to spend thousands to do better. This scanner can be had for
$350.

Epson has a new R800 series printer at $125 that is an eight color
printer of remarkable quality in color or B&W. It can use three
different black inks to get a full true range for B&W photos.

roger