[MacDV] Re: FCP favorites

sb videovideo at mac.com
Fri Feb 25 08:04:28 PST 2005

It's a bug in FCP 4.5

You can't use the Make Favorite from the menu, you have to either drag it
(the altered transition) from the Viewer (using the hand) or from the
timeline into the Effects>Favorites folder.

As for saving favorites in case of re-install or upgrading, a good trick I
learned from Tom Wolsky:

Create a new empty project called Favorites. Drag the favorites folder from
the Effects Folder of the project with the modified and saved favorites into
the Browser of the new Favorites Project. Save it.

You can also apply favorites (effects and transitions) onto video in the
timeline.

Keep this project. You can open it up anytime you create new Favorites and
add them. This way all your custom work will be readily at hand.

 HTH,

 sb