[MacDV] Re: Buffer Underrun in iDVD

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Mon Feb 28 17:38:54 PST 2005

I may be missing something but I don't believe the status of encoding
showing DONE would cause the buffer underrun error.

As far as I know the process goes is that using background encoding simply
helps speed up the final stage of burning a disc. If you don't have
background encoding on (like me - it caused all sorts of performance
probs) when you hit the burn button it will do all the encoding and
transporting and escalating and myxomatosusing before creating a final
disc image. It is not until the completed image is created that the
burning to disc takes place, correct?

Disk fragmentation or other processor intensive tasks while burning would
be the first places I'd look.

Cheers,

Coj

AnonBilly <anonbilly at dockpoint.net>

I am using Best Performance.  (With Best Quality, Background encoding
is greyed out)  And I am using the background encoding.

The Status Tab did show DONE for all Assets.

Thanks for the support!