[MacDV] Japanese VHS Video

Neil Bennett ibenz at mac.com
Sat Jan 1 10:50:27 PST 2005

Hi,
A friend of mine from Japan (I live in the UK) recently sent me a VHS
video of his recent wedding that he wanted me to edit for him. All
seemed well when I put the VHS video in my player and it played on my
TV with no sound, or picture problems.
I then assumed that, like I usually do, I could connect my Sony
DCR-PC120E PAL to the output SCART on my video player to capture the
footage, and then simply import the camera footage into iMovie 4.0.1
and start editing. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get the
picture from the video onto the camera. I can get the sound OK, but no
video. Am I missing something?
Thanks, as always !
Neil