[MacDV] Sony DVD Camera

DBAFeldman at aol.com DBAFeldman at aol.com
Mon Jan 3 22:12:25 PST 2005

This may not make it on the list, so I am sending you an email also.

Amount of time for recording also seems to be a concern.

However, I thought I would relate the experience of friends of mine. A year
ago I recommended mini DV cameras. They went with DVD. Initially, they were OK
with it. Said they would NEVER edit. Well, over time they noticed that they
were not flawless in their videotaping. Like the 5 or 10 seconds of video when
they did not stop recording and thought they had. Or when the wife did not like
the way she looked or the teenage daughter was embarrassed by the tape and
they insisted that that tape could not be shown to anyone. They started to
realize that a little, simple editing made sense.

They now are thrilled with the new mini DV camera they bought, a Canon ZR 80
or 90, I think. They also now have an eMac they got back in August and can't
believe how easy iMovie is to use. The daughter is now editing her new
creation, a family Holiday video. She loves being able to edit out various scenes. In
only 3 weeks, the mini DV has become a huge hit. (The Sony DVD camcorder will
be on eBay soon.)

Jamie