[MacDV] Re: Photoshop files on FCS--MacDV Digest, Vol 6, Issue 3

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Tue Jan 4 09:57:11 PST 2005

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA

Did you try double-clicking on the Photoshop file that you brought into
FCE?

In FCP the file and all its layers appear in your bin and timeline as
one item.  It's really a container for all the layers.

In FCP, double click, and a new timeline sequence will open up
revealing all the layers.

The benefit is that you have just one object to deal with in your bin,
and can easily move the single "container" in the timeline.

Can you imagine what dealing with a 26  layer photoshop file would be
like???

To open the Photoshop file in the viewer so you can add motion, etc.:

Click on it to highlight,, then hold and drag into the viewer... since
double clicking on will open a tab with all they layers, not open in
the viewer as happens when you double-click with a single-layer
element.

Hope this is helpful,

Ted.