[MacDV] Toast/copying DVD-R

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Wed Jan 5 10:10:30 PST 2005

On Wednesday, January 05, 2005, at 00:13AM, lanny cotler <lcotler at saber.net> wrote:

[snip]

>Lanny here. Yes, all I'm trying to do is clone a clone of a
>clone...DVD. I opened Toast 6, inserted the DVD I wanted to copy, saw
>its name popped into recognition by Toast. Hit the big record/copy
>button in the lower-right-hand corner, told the pop-up I wanted
>2x-speed, 3 copies, and hit burn. Churned around a bit, but then
>dropped down an alert saying something like "Disk full, Error Code
>-34...".
>
>Again, I checked to see that the Prefs had the "Roxio Converted
>Items" going to a drive with plenty of space. I also checked to see
>if and "key prefs" of note lurked in the Record Settings... menu. I
>couldn't see anything special there.
>
>Nope. Still can't do it. Drats!
>
>STill needing help...

Last time I saw that error in Toast, the DVD had not been ripped (copied) properly. It seems that toast 'looks' at the Video_TS folder and decides if all files are properly there before it burns. It could be that the DVD you are trying to copy is copy protected.

Here's what works most every time for me.

First go get MacTheRipper. <http://www.wormintheapple.gr/macdvd/mtr.html>

Then use MacTheRipper to rip (copy) the DVD to your hard drive.

Then use Toast's 'Make DVD from Video_TS folder' (or whatever it is- don't have Toast nearby) option.

Good luck,
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com