[MacDV] Tivo + TRV-19?

John Mistretta mistretta at mac.com
Thu Jan 6 11:47:08 PST 2005

I have a Mac plus a Replay that I can offload what I can get off my sat
dish. The files are kind of a pain as they have to be processed a bit
prior to burning on a DVD.

Replay files have issues where they lose audio sync, so that has to be
corrected. Then  you have to decompress the file to edit it, then
recompress it into something small enough that IDVD or Toast will burn.
It's all quite a pain and I have to really want it on DVD badly to go
thru the trouble. Usually I keep the file in Replay's format and view
it with the VLC application and put that on a DVD data disk for
archive.

Programs I like for working with Replay files are VLC for viewing, MPEG
Streamclip for viewing and editing and ffmpegX which is like a swiss
army knife of UNIX video programs under a Mac GUI.

Good luck!