[MacDV] Re: Toast/copying DVD-R

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sat Jan 8 09:32:38 PST 2005

On Saturday, January 8, 2005, at 12:24  PM, sb wrote:

> The best, cheapest, and fastest way to defrag a hard drive is to copy
> all
> the files over to another one, erase the disk using the disk tool>erase
> disk, and then copy the files back over.
>
>  regards,
>
>  sb

I do believe that is right, and I do that too. BUT.....you can really
F%%k up your boot drive
doing this if you don't do it right.
What one can do is move some incrementally increasing folder with files
all over the place ( Like my Music folder) to another drive, delete it
and move the copy back. Even that will help.
Jim