[MacDV] FCE - supported codecs

sb videovideo at mac.com
Wed Jan 12 17:02:22 PST 2005

While it's true that iMovie will only work with DV video, it doesn't mean
you can not import other types of video.

I've imported MPEG2 video (no audio) and it works just fine. So does
importing other formats.

In iMovie 5, you will be able to have a timeline in other codecs (you get a
choice via a popup menu - DV, Widescreen, HDV, and MPEG4, I think) and you
pick the one you want to work in.

 regards,

 sb