[MacDV] Re: LiveType

sb videovideo at mac.com
Sat Jan 15 09:16:20 PST 2005

I couldn't disasgree more strongly. Poking around in FCP 4.5 will never make
you a skilled FCP editor. There are so many features and work flows that are
not apparent.

For instance, FCP 4.5 has the auto select functionality, and there are now 5
clip types.
And, I doubt someone poking around Livetype, Soundtrack, Compressor will
learn all their features and best work flow either. If you read the Apple
Discussion boards for these apps, you will find plenty of posts from
frustrated people trying to figure out these apps without taking a course,
buying a book, or even reading the manuals.

I'm way more likely to offer assistance to someone having difficulties when
I see they've tried to learn by buying an good book.

 my .02

 sb