[MacDV] MacWorld Announcements

Jeff Carlson jeff at necoffee.com
Sun Jan 16 13:27:15 PST 2005

>I wasn't able to go to MacWorld Expo this year. Anyone suggest the
>best ways to appreciate the highlights that we stay-at-homes missed??

We also did quite a bit of onsite coverage for TidBITS:

<http://www.tidbits.com/extrabits/>

Monday's issue will also include more info.

In terms of iMovie HD, I chatted with Jim Heid briefly (who was able
to get an advance sneak peek at iLife 05 from Apple), and he said
that the biggest improvements to the program are speed and stability.
:-) I also noticed a couple things on the show floor such as the
capability to get clips out of the Trash (finally!), and to rearrange
clips in the Timeline Viewer, instead of just in the Clip Viewer.

I'll be posting more info as I know it (once I can get a copy of
iLife) at my iMovie VQS weblog: <http://www.necoffee.com/imovievqs/>.

Jeff