[MacDV] Mac Mini and DV capturing

Neil Poese npoese at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 17 05:23:41 PST 2005

FWIW, it's been true as a general rule that you need 7200rpm. But RPMs
aren't the only consideration. I recall several years ago when the
matter of thermal recalibration (T-Cal) was also critical, since some
drives would stop in mid-stream to sort themselves out.

I believe Apple uses 5400rpm drives in their laptops - they're always
dealing with heat issues. They undoubtedly do what is necessary with HD
software management and configuration to prevent them from dropping frames.

Neil Poese