[MacDV] Mac Mini and DV capturing

Juan M juanm at mac.com
Mon Jan 17 08:53:02 PST 2005

I believe the Mac Mini uses the same HD as a powerbook. I have used my
12-inch powerbook quite often when making iMovies.

I also have several external hard drives (firewire) that I also use and
those are 7200 with an 8Mb cache.

The best thing to do is to have an external that is ONLY for movie
making. If you save and resave and resave on any HD it gets fragmented
and slows down and that is the enemy of making movies.

good luck

Juan