[MacDV] Audio sync

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Mon Jan 17 13:29:07 PST 2005

 >> From: Robert Green <greenrw at shaw.ca>
> Date: 2005/01/17 Mon AM 12:40:00 EST
> To: "A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh." <macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
> Subject: [MacDV] Audio sync
>
> I am making a dvd with idvd from a project in imovie. It contains many
> stills and some video. Everything plays as it should in imovie but when
> I burn it with idvd the audio from the clips are out of sync by the end
> of the project. It is about a 15 minute presentation that has about 3 -
> 1 minute video clips. One at the beginning, one in the middle and one
> at the end. The first one is alright, the second one is slightly out
> and the third one is way off. Any ideas as to the problem?

I have not experienced the issue you are describing, but I do remember hearing people on this list and other lists say that the issue can be traced to whether the audio in the camera was recorded at 12 bit or 16 bit. You want 16 bit.

IIRC, I believe that the only way to fix this, is to open the clip in quicktime pro, extract the audio, upsample the audio and then replace the 12 bit audio with the upsample 16 bit audio.

iDVD should then handle it properly.

HTH, good luck,
--
Nick Scalise