[MacDV] Audio sync

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Thu Jan 20 10:11:01 PST 2005

On Thursday, January 20, 2005, at 04:52AM, Bill Calamita <bill at calamita.com> wrote:

>>> And before that someone wrote:

>>> I am making a dvd with idvd from a project in imovie. It contains many
>>> stills and some video. Everything plays as it should in imovie but when
>>> I burn it with idvd the audio from the clips are out of sync by the end
>>> of the project. It is about a 15 minute presentation that has about 3 -
>>> 1 minute video clips. One at the beginning, one in the middle and one
>>> at the end. The first one is alright, the second one is slightly out
>>> and the third one is way off. Any ideas as to the problem?

>> Nick Scalise wrote:

>> IIRC, I believe that the only way to fix this, is to open the clip in
>> quicktime pro, extract the audio, upsample the audio and then replace the 12
>> bit audio with the upsample 16 bit audio.
>>
>How does one "upsample" and what program do you do this with?

In my last message I mentioned QuickTime Pro, so I will use that as an example.

When the audio file is open in QuickTime Pro, choose Export from the File menu.

Then choose Sound to AIFF from the Export dropdown, then click the Options button.

In that dialog box you can choose what Rate - in kHz - and what Size  - in bits - that you want.

If the original sound file was in 12 bit, choosing 16 bit would upsample the audio.

HTH,
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com