[MacDV] wmv to mov

Mark M.Florida markf at squareblue.com
Fri Jan 21 07:54:38 PST 2005

I'd give VLC a try.  I know it's possible to convert MPEG-2 to other
QuickTime-based formats, and VLC can play WMV files as well, so you
should be able to go from WMV -> QT (use a high-quality codec like DV
or MJPEG-A for minimal image loss at a manageable file size), then
you'll still have to go to MPEG-2 using iDVD (it does the conversion
automatically).

No guarantees on image quality, though -- that file will have gone
through many "generations" of recompression by the time it hits the TV.

- Mark