[MacDV] A Simple 115 Minute Presentation

Patty Winter patty1 at sonic.net
Mon Jul 4 20:53:52 PDT 2005

   >From: "T.L. Miller" <tlmiller at mac.com>
   >
   >Recently I shot 115 minutes of a presentation on MiniDV tape and did
   >minor editing in iMovie HD. I figured burning onto a 2 hr DVD would be
   >easy -- wrong!!!

Yeah, not so easy with the 90-minute limit in iDVD!

   >I tried using iDVD, but it wanted me to use Themes and it included
   >annoying music and all I wanted was a straight-forward copy of the 115
   >minutes that would play incommon DVD players.

If you just want to send the video to a DVD recorder, I have a solution--
except I think you'll need an external FireWire recorder to use it. It's
SimpleVideoOutX from Apple. A nice person on this list told me about it
a few months ago, and it works great. (Especially if you download the
little tutorial PDF from O'Reilly.) However, I don't think it works
with built-in DVD recorders.

   > Some said to
   >"export" out of iMovie, but there was no "export" function that I could
   >find.

I don't have a recent version of iMovie, much less iMovie HD, but has
the Export option really disappeared from the File menu?

Patty