[MacDV] A Simple 115 Minute Presentation

Patty Winter patty1 at sonic.net
Tue Jul 5 19:58:44 PDT 2005

   >From: Nick Scalise <nickscalise at mac.com>
   >
   >I was the one who recommended that Patty try SimpleVideoOutX as an
   >alternative, cause she didn't have a DV cam and wasn't sure buying a
   >firewire cable would work.

Okay, I remember the details now. I hadn't thought of trying "Export
to Camera" because, as you say, I don't have a camera. After someone
mentioned that option, I tried it, but it wasn't able to see my DVD
recorder. Another list member reported the same problem with another
recorder.

Meanwhile, Nick had recommended SimpleVideoOutX, so I tried that and
it worked perfectly. Later, someone else said that Export to Camera
from iMovie might work after all, even though we saw an error message.
I didn't follow up and try that again, because I had already completed
my project using SVOX. Just for kicks, I'll hook the Mac to the DVD
recorder again sometime and see whether iMovie works even though it's
telling me it won't.

   >Oh and BTW, to whoever was wondering, the 90 minute DVD limit went
   >away with iDVD 4.

Ah, nifty! Thanks for the information.

Patty