[MacDV] Sony HDR-HC1 Bottom Feeds

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jul 17 18:58:22 PDT 2005

Several Sony and Canon cameras have this design. It is NOT NECESSARY.
Yes that is the only thing wrong and it is a very big thing if you
are shooting with a tri-pod. No there will not be a third party
solution. The tape deck loads from the bottom PERIOD. There is no
such thing as a work around. It is an inherently defective design if
you use a tri-pod. If you are using it for hand held primarily OR for
always less than 62 minutes per shot, then you can live with it. But
if you shoot long form on a tri-pod like I do it is a deal breaker.