[MacDV] OT: Oil Prices (was January 1, 2009 Doomsday Plan)

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Tue Jul 19 00:10:30 PDT 2005

On Jul 19, 2005, at 8:47 AM, Johns Maillist wrote:

> On Jul 18, 2005, at 7:36 PM, Brian Olesky wrote:
>

>> Not gonna happen, bro. Not unless they want another Revolutionary
>> War.
>>

> Yeah, we are such fighters.
> That is why we have NO control of gas prices that have been
> artificially raised, or the rising cost of most things.
> We just roll over.
> We don't do jack. We take whatever the government gives us, and
> vote them into office again next year, I guess as our way of saying
> thanks!

Not true. I live in Japan, and those others who live outside the
States can chime in here. It's only in the US that you pay such LOW
prices for gasoline. Why? Because, voters won't let pols inflict even
higher taxes than they already do. Most of the world pays 2-3 times
more per gallon than the US.

The main reason gas prices are as high as they are is that demand on
the world's oil reserves have quickly risen due mostly to China. The
prices are artificially high, but not because of (for once) Congress,
but speculation. Market forces will eventually return prices to a
level closer to reality.

Just need to point out some facts.
Daniel