[MacDV] January 1, 2009 Doomsday Plan (cancelled)

Robert Rothgery rfrothgery at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 19 08:51:37 PDT 2005

Doomsday has been cancelled.

We will get our television off the internet, cable, satellite and
whatever new technology the Chinese and Indians invent in the near
term.

The instrument for access will not be a computer as we know it today.
It will be a wireless wall wart that communicates by a remote contol
similar to the units we use today.  On that remote the user can select
the media source or program and watch the show on a regular video
screen.  Sources will include, the usual originators all intercollated
into the remote control menu.

Interesting that so many pundits are unable to visualize watching
television from the web on any screen besides the computer.  The
desktop computer will be removed from the television loop.

Oh, and it will all be pay per view - just like iTunes.

Problem is that we will all become more insular because we will only
choose programs we want and will receive little cultural pollination
like one finds channel surfing or reading a newspaper.

My 2¢

Robert Rothgery
Senior Producer,
Mt Diablo Television