[MacDV] iBook as iMovie platform

DBAFeldman at aol.com DBAFeldman at aol.com
Sun Jul 31 10:25:45 PDT 2005

How old is your son? What are his capabilities? What are his goals? Is this
simply an introductory, get his feet wet setup? Is a more capable system a
possibility down the road?

My son started (age 13) with a G3 400mHz iMac and played it back to the
camera and transfered to VHS. As his interest grew, so did his abilities and the
equipment he uses. Now at 19, he is FCP certified and will soon have his name in
the credits of a major commercial movie as assistant editor.

You have to look at the whole picture as it is a rather dynamic situation.
Things will change. A simple system is fine in some instances, but far too
frustrating in others.

It is most important to know your son. He is the most significant part of the
equation.

I wish him well,

Jamie