[MacDV] Video formats

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Fri Jun 10 15:50:12 PDT 2005

(man, is the list dead or am I jut not getting the messages?)

Anyway...

720x486 is what AVID and D1 systems use, and is the "official" D1
resolution for standard-def digital video and broadcast.

720x480 is what's used in DV and DVD formats.

So, if you're working on an AVID or D1 system, use 720x486.  If you're
working on a DV system or preparing content for a DVD, use 720x480.

Hope that helps.

- Mark