[MacDV] Fwd: Pioneer DVD recorder

Peter Tattersall ptatters at zerobyzero.ca
Sat Jun 11 12:39:14 PDT 2005

Kunga, thanks for the suggestion. I had looked through xlr8yourmac.com
in early May and found nothing, but now (following a May 20 update) the
information is directly available in the site's FAQ section, at
http://tinyurl.com/cvbwe
The FAQ references both a 1.40 and a 1.50 updater. The link to the 1.50
updater is in the "Update: Joachim..."  line.

I successfully flashed the drive using the updater for 1.50 firmware on
my Quicksilver G$ running 10.3.9. While the updater shows the firmware
version at 1.50, it appears that the System Profiler relies on
information loaded at start-up -- I had to reboot to get the updated
version to show in the System Profiler.

According to the Pioneer website the update enhances performance on
certain brands of media.