[MacDV] Stripes during transitions

Djwp djwp1 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 18 16:59:21 PDT 2005

A problem I'm encountering with my finished movie.

I have "stripes" showing up during transitions in the rendered movie.
I have de-interlaced all of my clips.    Also, during export, I've
selected "Custom" and set these parameters in the dialog box:

Frame Size 720x480 (NTSC DV (3:2)
Pixel Aspect Ratio:  NTSC - CCIR 601/DV
Field Dominance:  None  (I previously had this set to lower; the change
to 'none' made little difference)
Editing Timebase:  29.97
Timecode Rate: Same as Editing Timebase
Quicktime Video Settings:  DV/DVCPRO - NTSC
Quality:  100%
Audio 48.000

Am I seeing these artifacts because I am viewing the output on my
computer screen when they are ultimately meant for a DVD and a TV
Screen?

What can I do to eliminate these stripes?

Any thoughts?