[MacDV] Re: 8x DVD-R's - solved

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Thu Jun 30 15:55:03 PDT 2005

OK,

Wanted to update on my issue.

Kudos to Brett for identifying the burner.

Starting in May/June sometime I finally decided to get my G5 sorted
as the warranty is expiring soon (mid July).

My local Apple Service center decided to replace the DVD burner, and
concurrently I got new 10.3 media (crashing issues) from Apple.

I have now successfully burned a DVD-R(TDK) at 8x and it worked in
every player I tried. My printable TaiyoYuden's are burning a hole in
their cakebox. ;-)

I fully expect to have no more issues with DVD-R's burned at high speed.

Thanks to all who provided help, suggestions, etc.