[MacDV] OT - VCR for VHS capture recommendations

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Sun Mar 13 11:48:47 PST 2005

On Mar 13, 2005, at 11:59 AM, James Asherman wrote:

>> sounds like copy protection to me...
>
> Actually yes, especially if by dropout you would mean a darkening
> pulsation.
> Didn't mention if these were commercial tapes.
> A DS 850 w/ TBC  would cut right through that.

Well, I just tried it with the VCR hooked directly to a TV and most of
the video malfunction is still there.

It's almost as if one section of the reel in the cassette tape was
damaged and now it is showing up on the screen every time that bit of
tape passes over the heads.

I will try to disable the Macrovision on the ADVC-100 and see if that
helps.
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com