[MacDV] Transferring files from Mac to DVD/HDD combo unit?

Gordon Alley gordon.alley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:01:21 PST 2005

Has anyone tried this with a LiteON LVW-5005 DVD recorder? Costco was
selling these around the Christmas (they may still be available
there). It was considerably cheaper than the name brands, but claimed
compatibility with a wider range of media and formats.

Its documentation states that its Firewire input is only for a DV
camcorder. I did try playing to it from iMovie, but the recorder
seemed to not see any DV input. I haven't tried using Simple Video Out
yet.

--
Gordon B. Alley
http://galley.home.texas.net