[MacDV] DVD-R vs. DVD+R

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Wed Mar 16 15:37:07 PST 2005

No Opinion here

DVD-R is VASTLY more compatible with most DVD players.
I do however put the following notice on short runs  DVD-R's for
clients.

DVD-R  Note
Please note that recordable DVD’s are only compatible with around 90%
of DVD players.
If you experience problems please try this disc in another DVD player.

Saying that if you use DVD+R discs the compatibility percentage shrinks
WAY DOWN for players over a year old
Newer than that and there is much more compatibility with DVD+R and
DVD-R

Alex
On Mar 16, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Patty Winter paused and typed with a
definite air of concentration: