[MacDV] Capturing Sony Handycam to MacOSX?

Frank Garcia fgarcia at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 25 13:42:00 PST 2005

Hi, I've just acquired a Sony Handycam and I'm attempting to capture
to FCX but while I can control the VCR from the FCX console, an
attempt to actually capture it doesn't seem to work. The Preview
remains black as the Handycam VCR plays the movie. No capture file is
created. I am suspicious that this has to do with Timecode as FCX
looks for it.

one of the menu items on the Handycam screen where it lists the
duration time and running time, it says, "MPEG IN". does this mean
that the camera records MPEG and not DV?

I have the manual.

Please send replies to the email address as I'm not sure how quickly
The List will arrive in my InBox. Thanks!