[MacDV] LaCie USB 2.0 capture...

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Sun May 1 12:19:02 PDT 2005

I'm not suggesting that you capture to the external hard drive. I'm
suggesting that one option is to capture to the internal hard drive and
do a Finder copy to the external before you begin editing work. I don't
know that USB capture is supported on the Mac anyway, but it if were
(and everything was using the fast speed USB 2), that would be as fast
as FireWire 400 -- maybe faster. Or maybe you can still set the scratch
disk to a USB 2 hard disk as I think someone else suggested. Just be
aware that not all 2.0 USB devices are high speed.

Shirley