[MacDV] Software coupons?

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue May 3 20:42:45 PDT 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 11:10 PM, Fabian Ius wrote:

> You require the software coupons if you need to exchange your DVD
> installer for the CD installer...
>
>  Mac OS X v10.4 “Tiger” Media Exchange
> A - 1 9 9 2 - 4 3 0

Well, Yes I have already mentioned this one.
Very nice.
  As I take a few minutes to investigate this situation further., I am
struck by a couple of things.
Several newsgroup threads on various Mac sites are echoing our
discussion eerily.
It really is like cereal boxes in that one may have to call and push
for some discount somewhere.

Second I found at least two other classes of coupon.
One class may be found by methodically looking for them on the Apple
site.
  Was it Brett who got so many workstations?
They have a coupon for a tech to come to your place and tune up your
Tiger. Cool.
I also found this:

  eCoupons can be applied during checkout for online orders, or let your
sales agent know you would like to apply an eCoupon for phone orders.
Shoppers with an Apple Store account and subscribers to Apple eNews
receive eCoupons for use with Apple Store purchases.

Ok so I have a lot of saved email.
I searched "Apple"

Lots of shiny email.
But even with all the new stuff recently, I cannot find ( I am not
looking through EVERY email !)
any of these ecoupons and I can't find a single offer of Tiger for less
than $129
for registered customers who have bought already at least Three
versions of this software, care enough to register it, and sign up for
the corporate propaganda emails.
Sue me, I'd like a deal.
The only good deal for Tiger and iWork also includes iLife '05 .
Already got iLife '05 ( again 3rd purchase not counting the $50 for
iMovie 1)
The FCP 5 deal is pretty steep with the only silver lining being DVDSP,
which should have been included with 4 rather than cinema tools which
is
really beyond worthless to me.
Besides which even if it makes me look bad FCP HD 4.5 blows and needs
to be replaced anyway.
Rant over.
  Jim