[MacDV] Software coupons?

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Tue May 3 21:05:56 PDT 2005

Yah, it vas mee.

I ferreted around and found 4 coupons on a letter-sized page that offers
"iLife '05 + Mac OS X v10.3". At the top it states:

"To get software updates and other special offers from Apple, you'll need
the coupons below as proof of your purchase."

So why is it offering me 10.3 if that's what is on the discs that came
with the Mac.... or is it proof for the recipient of the coupons that I
have iLife '05 and 10.3?

I don't know if this offers me any further discounts.... perhaps if I lost
my discs and wanted replacements or as others have pointed out if I wanted
CD's instead of DVD's.

I didn't find any tech assistance coupons though.

I'd like to further add that I believe that Apple are offering the Mac OS
purchase as a "reduced full price" instead of offering upgrades. It would
be a hellovalot simpler for them to just have a single price point rather
than having to hold records of who had what version of the OS to know
whether they were entitled to an upgrade or not.

And if you compare the cost of MacOS to Windows (both full and upgrade
price) I believe we're still much better off, correct?

Coj

James Asherman <jimash at optonline.net>

Was it Brett who got so many workstations?
They have a coupon for a tech to come to your place and tune up your
Tiger. Cool.