[MacDV] *.mpg won't play now

John Mistretta mistretta at mac.com
Sat May 7 14:45:32 PDT 2005

First, there's always the possibility that you have a corrupted file
which is what the error message is telling you. Have you tried another
.mpg?

Second, 1.3.9 was by far the most pain in the ass minor upgrade I can
recall. Following that, Apple released a Security fix, plus a Java fix.
If you only ran the 1.3.9 upgrade, look for the others and see if that
doesn't fix it. Following that, run something like MacJanitor and then
fix permissions with DiskTools. Failing that, look up the Apple
Discussion boards for OS 10.3.9 and see if anyone else had the same
problem.

Hope this helps. . .